Sunday, March 23, 2003

Choreography a Mess?

Phil Wainewright over at Loosely Coupled is of the opinion that the choreography space is a mess:
http://www.looselycoupled.com/blog/2003_03_16_lc.htm#200027961

I'll have to disagree with Phil on this subject. BPEL4WS won. I'll repeat that, BPEL4WS won - there is no confusion about winners - just confusion about who lost.

I am of the opinion that perhaps the w3c should quit trying to be everything to everyone. This group is over-extended and frankly shouldn't be concerning themselves about business process execution (IMHO). Don't get me wrong, I think they do a great job with low-level technologies like XML and HTML - but this one is probably not in their sweet spot. I really don't understand why they kick started this group after IBM & MS made their announcement and we already had BPML doing world-class work on moving the space forward as a whole.

For the first time ever, the space actually isn't a mess... you just have to dig through the losers.


No comments: