Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Watched Pot Never Boils - SOA Style

Literally - I was trying to boil some water today. While staring at it, I began thinking, "My God this is taking forever!". A Watched Pot Never Boils. Sadly, too many of my life experiences end up relating to SOA...

Some journalists and bloggers have been critical to the success of SOA. Personally, I view it as a "watched pot". Impatiently staring at an SOA effort and constantly asking, "How many services do we have?" or "What's the ROI?" - doesn't really help.

SOA is a long term change to I.T. - it will take time. I've seen HUGE changes take place in some of the world's largest corporations. I've also seen companies with poor I.T. leadership whine about how they failed. Hell, I could have told them that they would have failed at about anything they tried.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think that the journalists / bloggers should ask EVERYDAY, "are we there yet?" It's annoying and not helpful. And the LOSERS who threw in the towel - well, they're losers.

No comments: