Saturday, September 16, 2006

BPM 2.1.4.7.3.5.7.43.2.6.8.9.4.3.5.8.4.1

I noticed some guys blogging about BPM 2.0. It reminds me of some thought I authored on the subject a few years ago.

http://www.looselycoupled.com/opinion/2003/schnei-bp0929.html

So - I hate the tag line BPM 2.0; it's so 2003. Ok, shame on me.

Here's why...it isn't about the driving the software solution from a single angle. It isn't about the PROCESS. It isn't about the USER INTERFACE. It isn't about the SERVICES. It isn't about MODEL DRIVEN. It's about integrating all of these concepts without your head exploding.

BPM 2.0 places too much emphasis on the process.
Web 2.0 places too much emphasis on the UI and social aspects.
UML 2.0 ;-) places too much emphasis on making models.
SOA 2.0 places too much emphasis on the services.
Entperise 2.0 places too much emphasis on... hell, being a marketing term.
Did I forget any?

No comments: