Saturday, June 25, 2005

176 I.T. Jobs Posted in USA

In the last 24 hours, 176 I.T. and software related jobs were posted on Monster.com...

I was curious how many were posted in India however it was difficult to tell. Even when limiting the search engine to only return jobs posted in the last 24 hours, the number posted exceeded the limit. I attempted to further tune the search criteria but was still hitting limits.

My best guess is that in the last 24 hours approximately 3,000 to 4,000 jobs were posted on Monster.com for India.

After sampling the job descriptions, it appears as though approximately 70% of the jobs posted in India were designated to fill U.S. demand. If this math is correct, that means that for every software job requirement that is posted in the United States, fourteen are posted in India to fill the same U.S. demand.

No comments: